What I want

When asked a simple question, it should be settled with a simple reply. However, questions to the tune of, "What is it that you want?" deserve just a little more.

The next time you ask of me, what is it that I want, I shall tell you.

I want a friend. A friend who is available all day, without fail. I want to know someone exists who can be there to comfort me without the hassles of being cities away. What I want is come home each day, be greeted affectionately by my dog. I want to not get into the perpetual argument with mother regarding life, career and the insidious tone of my voice. I want to have a life, instead of being told by father that I have none and I should go get one. 

I want someone reliable who will not cancel on me every other day and is punctual. I want to be able to meet this person every few days and sit with them in a quiet place, knowing that at that particular moment in time, I have their full and complete attention. And that I am loved. I want to have a conversation, wherein somebody simply listens, without judging or telling me I have no right to complain. I want to just hang out, looking at new people and places, without the burden of solving all of the problems you face. 

I would like to step out into the sunset, marvel at the clouds, start the sentence - "It looks like.." - and have it finished with a "somebody painted the clouds in heaven." I want somebody who understands and does not comment about my weight or hair or a thousand other things that are inconsequential. 

I want, in simpler terms, to just be. Without caring, without knowing any other way to be.

Comments

  1. Someone told me once, no matter what you are or what you become, there will be always few people around who'll love you more than anything in the world...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deboleena: Soon enough. :)

    mgeek: There are, there always will be. It's the lack of proximity to these people that gets me down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rant.

In The Time of Cholera, Love and Other Musings

An Ode to Him