An Ode to Him

Circa 2007, watching Breakfast at Tiffany's. Hoping, wishing, praying and demanding that one stranger who walks into your life and turns everything around.

Fast forward, January 2011. For the first time in many years, something that another person has said rendered me speechless. In a way that makes my heart skip a beat every now and then. In a way that has me almost crying for sheer joy one moment and smiling softly to myself the next.

And like all the good things in life, it doesn't make any sense to me. How does someone go from an acquaintance to friend to filling up the whole of my message inbox in one week? How did I go from being socially awkward to telling somebody everything there is to know about me? How can he possibly know the words I want to hear and be the person I want to spend time with? How in the name of God does he get me singing with him in the middle of the night, especially that one song that speaks to me? Knowing him is reassuring, like a promise of something better to come. It doesn't seem to matter how fast the world is going by, I daren't imagine it any other way. I feel happier, a lot less cynical than I was before I knew him.

He's amazing, in so many ways that I keep wondering where he was all this time. He's made the days a lot brighter than they were and the nights romantic once again. Even the distance seems small right now, with a smile this size stuck on my face.

Sometimes life just doesn't get any better than this.

Comments

  1. In the absence of you, I'm hugging myself after this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has a little tear rolling down his cheek, and as he wipes it, he smiles first and then with a big grin runs out of his room. Goes to the road and runs like there is mad dog behind him, in happiness. He ran till he was out of breath and could run no more for a reason he knows not. He is happy once again.

    PS: If this is what you can cook up while claiming to be short of words, then I can't wait to see what you say otherwise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rant.

In The Time of Cholera, Love and Other Musings