In Memory

Hello stranger.

I love you as much now as I loved you then. First meet-cute, the lick on the nose and the feeling of having found a soul-mate when you slept with your feet tucked into my hand. And in the years that have followed, I have found that love has no seasons, no definition. You brought to me - to us - the inability to deny our existence and find in our hearts a reason to love. You were then and stay for me still, an angel of four legged furry proportions.

Back here, I seek your footsteps in the gentle sway of the curtains and the opening of the doors. I wish that your soft head touches my finger as they dangle of the bed. Maybe even feel your wet nose obscuring my vision in the hopes of partaking a slice of salami or chicken from my sandwich. Even though you know it is all for you. All of me is for you, my sweetheart.

Remember that, wherever you are.

All of me, is for you.

Comments

  1. These heartsmiting animals that just leave you behind. Gah.

    <3 Beautifully written, though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rant.

In The Time of Cholera, Love and Other Musings

An Ode to Him