Time travel is easy. Same room, same place, same song, you're back two years in time. Chasing Cars. What a schmaltzy song. Yes, this post is about you. If it happens to show up as an alert and you read this far, don't go on further. It'll do no good.

I honestly took what you said to heart. Yes, I will get over you. Perhaps that is the one way I can tell you that I do respect you. For what's it worth, I never stopped loving you. 

Granted, it won't be easy. Especially when I have the internet with me. I religiously avoid Twitter for most part, because I have yet to unfollow you. That'll come with time. The thing is that everything here, it reminds me of you. For the longest time, I wouldn't sleep at night before reading Thought Catalog once. Now it just repeats things that I need to stop remembering. I haven't touched it in a long time. I'm giving up xkcd too, because the temptation to ask you what a particular strip is talking about it immense. Same goes for Skype. I remember those brilliant six months, when it felt like a gift from some benevolent God. Now I'm tossing a coin between keeping it and removing it. 

Gtalk is harder. I keep expecting a ping and seeing your name. So I stay invisible and I sign out when I see you come online. It's easier that way. We were never really that fond of Facebook, so I guess that can stay for a bit longer. What really hurts are the blog posts. Heck, you were even a part of one. So I don't venture there any more.

In a day's time, I'll have left home. I won't have the internet as lavishly as I do now. So perhaps I will forget better. Maybe easier. I doubt it, though. It took a lot of effort to leave that t-shirt behind so that it wouldn't remind me of you. 

I saw a photo of you today, it made me glad. You haven't discarded the tie and chess set I gave you. Maybe they don't remind you of me anymore. That's good, it really is. And I hope it stays that way. Meanwhile, I'll have one last look at the youtube video you sent me. And then I remove it from bookmarks.

One thing at a time. Maybe it won't be so hard after all. In your own favourite words - "Let's see. Shush."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rant.

In The Time of Cholera, Love and Other Musings

An Ode to Him